tmsuk Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Munakata, Fukuoka Prefecture, CEO: Yoichi Takamoto) will conduct a public road demonstration experiment for tourists using the next-generation smart mobility “RODEM”, with NTT DOCOMO, Inc., Mitsubishi Estate Co., Ltd., and Mitsubishi jisho Sekkei Inc., in the Marunouchi area from March 18 (Mon) to March 22 (Fri), 2019.
In this demonstration experiment, visitors to the Marunouchi area get on the new type of personal mobility “RODEM” that rides in a forward leaning position, and travel around while getting around tourist information.
DOCOMO, Mitsubishi Estate, Mitsubishi Jisho Sekkei, and tmsuk will propose new sightseeing styles by combining advanced technologies with the appeal of the city, and pursue and verify a more attractive city style.
tmsuk aims to share “RODEM”, which allows easy short-distance travel, throughout the city and use it as a new means of transportation for the last mile. We are also conducting research and development for autonomous driving on the sidewalk of Rodem at the same time. We will work on the goal of social implementation by 2020, utilizing the development results of various robots.
<Outline of demonstration experiment>
・Date and time
March 18 (Mon)-March 22 (Fri), 2019 10: 00-17: 00 (18:30 14: 30-17: 00)
・Departure / arrival location
March 18 (Mon)-March 19 (Tue), 2019 Marunouchi Building 1F Maru Cube
March 20 (Wed)-March 22 (Fri) 2019 New Tokyo Building 1F JNTO TIC
Improve the satisfaction of tourists in the Marunouchi area with the appeal of advanced technology. Capture tourism demand and evaluate the acceptability of migration support services.
Ride the “RODEM” and travel around the Marunouchi area while providing various types of migration support services using the attached tablet.
1. RODEM ride experience indoors (2 days from March 18 to March 19)
Experience the entire contents of this experiment, including remote control
2. RODEM ride experience / AR spot information on Nakadori street
Travel freely while guiding around the Marunouchi area using AR, audio, etc.
3. Gallery tour
Stamp rally on “Marunouchi Street Gallery”. You can enjoy the art by seeing detailed explanations in the guide at AR.
4. Cashless experience in a kitchen car on RODEM
During the period, a cashless experience with “d payment” is possible in the kitchen car on Nakadori only for those who boarded
5. History tour
Video and voice-based dialogue as you tour historic buildings in the Marunouchi area. It is a history experience tour to deepen the understanding of Marunouchi.
One-seater next-generation smart mobility that makes you feel bright and enjoyable just by riding. It is possible to move at the same eye level as a pedestrian. Intuitive operation and easy turning make it easy to change directions in tight spaces.
▼RODEM product page(english)
Name / Model No .:
RODEM (Rodem) / Outdoor model for public road (sidewalk) (M651 base)
W 690mm ×L 1,000mm ×H 1,070mm (Seat height: 785mm)
[Special specification for experiment]
- Suspension: Running smoothly on outdoor roads
- Distance sensor: Automatically stops when an obstacle is detected
- Tablet: Supports tourist information, multilingual translation, etc.
- Drive recorder / back monitor (1 unit only)
* Classification under the Road Traffic Law in Japan is a “pedestrian” as a walking assist vehicle using a motor.
Please note the following when you visit or board.
- There is a possibility of cancellation due to the weather on the day.
- On the day, we will guide you on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In the experience, it is necessary to agree to the local rules and follow the instructions of the staff
- Elementary school students and younger can experience only indoor contents.(Accompaniment and consent of guardian is necessary)
- Please refrain from riding if you are drinking.